You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Al Aalameen (the worlds) or Al Aalimeen (the knowledgeable)
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Al Aalameen (the worlds) or Al Aalimeen (the knowledgeable)

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on  Goto page Previous  1, 2 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
The
Rook
Rook

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Quote:
can you please elaborate?

who is (v), is it myself?

# yups...if i remember well u were active on the thread in which somebody had proposed a new understanding for rabb alaalameen!

Quote:
also I'm not playing with any marks, the fact is clear the word has the same exact letters for the three meanings, and I have been always the same, if the mutiple meanings do not create a contradiction then I'm happy to consider all mutiple meanings as valid

# let me reiterate what i had said at freeminds:

aalim, aalam et al come from i-l-m which is concerned with "knowing" and its forms! however, tashkeel plays an important role and might lend different meanings to various inflections; thus, aalam is not the same as aalim, nor is aalameen the same as aalimeen!

if i were to toss away tashkeels then i would, perhaps, ve lil ground to challenge that bloke's proposition about rabb alaalameen; and perhaps neither of us (between him and me) would be able to prove r position!

## salam, bud...take care! (-:
Post Posted:
Sun 10 Feb, 2008 10:58 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

The wrote:
Quote:
Excuse me mate, the above is dismissed, this is because you need to prove it by a link, I won't trust your memory, sorry

# i had to re-visit freeminds to come up wid somethin to vindicate my memory! :-S

and I still don't get what you are trying to come up with

The wrote:
n u aint need 2 b sorry, bud!

so far, of course I don't

The wrote:
nor do u need 2 trust my memory...

I don't, sorry

The wrote:
but dismissin my comment before givin me a chance to provide a link is a sad thing to do! perhaps ur own memory is not standing u in good stead here, bud...so here u go:

holy crap, I still donlt get hat sad thing you are talking about

here is what I'm saying all along:

the word in some verses is Aalameen (the worlds)

the word in other verses is Aalimeen (the knowlegeable)

you still didn't refute the above

The wrote:
http://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=11914.105

why donlt you quote hat I said there in here and compare with what I said in my thread to prove what you are describing as sad?

Quote:
AhmedBahgat
Re: Verse 17:36 The New Idol???
�??????�?????�????�???�??�?�« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2006, 03:16:18 PM �??????�?????�????�???�??�?�»

Quote from: thegod on May 12, 2006, 09:41:24 AM
# it is not aalameen in those 2 verses...it is aalimeen!

EXACTLY bro

Thanks

Is that all?

The wrote:

...i had made a distinctin between the understanding of aalameen and aalimeen, and u have endorsed it! luckily, i found ur own words, else u wld have suffered cuz of not trustin my memory!

holy crap, and I'm still endorsing it pal, I can't see that what I said there contradict what i said here, are you such confused, this is indeed sad

Quote:
also it seems you got it totally wrong, if you read my comment again, but slowly this time and without being on the objection side before hand and you should read that I said Rab Al Aalameen means the Lord of the worlds

Did you manage to do that?

The wrote:
# plz read again my second post in this thread...i clearly acknowledge that u have made an exception where aalameen is preceded by "rabb"...the only difference between what the member at freeminds said and what u are sayin is that he didnt make any exception; and i do appreciate his consistency!

No I didn't make an exception, it seems you totally misunderstood what I said, well, what I said that if the word preceded by the word Rab then most likely it means Worlds, however if you found one that preceded with the word Rab and does mean knowlegeable then that is fine, I'm happy to accept that, possibly I found some myself,

no hat is contradictory about that?

The wrote:
in reply to my (second) post (here), u came up with a "very valid proposal" by a "kafir" at ffi...don't know how his rehashing the tashkil usage and coming up with aalamain contributed!

and it is still 100% valid, forget the tashkil, let's just talk pronounciation, yes it has to be valid as Aalamain to mean Two worlds

Quote:
I really don't know what you are going on about so far

The wrote:

cool!

I still don't get it, pal

Quote:
hmmm, it seems that you totally missed what I'm talking about, please read my long comment again

The wrote:

# i did read...

and misunderstood

Quote:

The following example is very interesting, Allah is telling us about Himself, that He is knowledgeable and because Allah uses plural for Himself, instead of calling Himself �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??Aalim�?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? which is singular, He called Himself Aalimeen

The wrote:

...and i wonder why u raised a point as moot as god using (plural) "aalimeen" for itself...surely, "haafizeen" is another example! so i don't know what was "very interesting" about god using aalimeen for itself!

It was pondering, pal

why you are picking on it?

well, I say the best course of action to you is to reply to every verse in my comment, this is the second time I tell you so and yet you failed to do so and just acting silly

The wrote:
# n i still don't c why u have chosen to translate aalameen as "knowledgeable" where u have, something which, at best, is speculation; whereas v know that the correct word for knowledgeable is aalimeen!

in which verse exactly?

for the third time, whay don't you reply to EVERY VERSE IN MY COMMENT and stop acting silly?

The wrote:
## anyway...i don't really fancy busyin myself wid "what if..." discussions...so this should be the end of it from my side! i look forward to ur translation of the fifth chapter!

### take care, bud! (-:

how about you fancy busyin yourself by replying to EVERY VERSE IN MY COMMENT

thanks and take care

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Mon 11 Feb, 2008 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Mon 11 Feb, 2008 5:12 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam All

I really don't know what brother The is going on about, for me he is only ranting without any atom weight of merit

here is what I said all along on any web site, at any time frame

the word : Alif, Lam, Ain, Alif, Lam, Meem, Ya, Noon

may mean three things:

1) Worlds if pronounced "Aalameen"

2) Knowledgeable if pronounced "Aalimeen"

3) Two worlds if pronounced "Aalamain"

here is a clear example in sure 30, verse 22:

وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِّلْعَالِمِينَ (22)

[The Quran ; 30:22]

The last word in the above verse has to be "Aalimeen:, i.e. Knowledgeable

here is how the verse is recited by Sheikh Al Ghamdy, please listen to the last word carefully and he has to prnounce it Aalimeen, with a Kasirah under the Lam, you can even see the Kasirah in the arabic text above:

I have repeated the last word a few times so you can hear it well:

Now here is the most popular translations to the above verse 30:22

YUSUFALI: And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

PICKTHAL: And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. Lo! herein indeed are portents for men of knowledge.

SHAKIR: And one of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your tongues and colors; most surely there are signs in this for the learned.

I rest my case

Salam
Post Posted:
Mon 11 Feb, 2008 5:57 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:

may mean three things:

# so if pronounced aalameen it should be "worlds"...according to u!

Quote:

here is how the verse is recited by Sheikh Al Ghamdy, please listen to the last word carefully and he has to prnounce it Aalimeen, with a Kasirah under the Lam, you can even see the Kasirah in the arabic text above:

# if u listen to the same ghamdy reciting 29:15, u will hear him pronounce it "aalameen"...u can play it over as many times as u want, till it becomes clear to u! next, check the arabic text, u will even see the kasirah over laam in there!

# ergo, in 29:15 it should be read as "aalameen" and understood as worlds...goin by wat u urself write!

so unless u start playing with the tashkeel...a la "kafir"...u ve no justification for saying that in 29:15 the word should be read as "aalimeen"!

again, u provided arabic text and ghamdy's recitation as proofs of somethin, so it would be behooving to accept ur own proofs and acknowledge that in 29:15 it is "worlds" and not "knowledgeable"! ofcourse, u dont need to!

## again...many non-muslims and wannabes attempt playin wid tashkil, and i dont concern myself wid dem; nor am i goin to concern myself with u over this!

# take care, bud...salam! (-:
Post Posted:
Mon 11 Feb, 2008 7:26 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Quote:

may mean three things:

# so if pronounced aalameen it should be "worlds"...according to u!

Quote:

The wrote:
# if u listen to the same ghamdy reciting 29:15, u will hear him pronounce it "aalameen"...u can play it over as many times as u want, till it becomes clear to u! next, check the arabic text, u will even see the kasirah over laam in there!

Hmm, but I'm not talking about 29:15, what I'm talking about is 30:22

also no kasirah can be over any letter, the kasirah must be UNDER the letter, what you are talking about is called Fatiha, see how you lack Arabic

The wrote:

# ergo, in 29:15 it should be read as "aalameen" and understood as worlds...goin by wat u urself write!

wrong, it should be read as Aalimeen, this proves that most traditionlists if not all are confused, Noah can only be a sign to those who know about him

Noah can never be a sign to the stars, nor the animals

do you get it pal?

why don't you use your brain instead of ranting non sense?

The wrote:
so unless u start playing with the tashkeel...a la "kafir"...u ve no justification for saying that in 29:15 the word should be read as "aalimeen"!

the justification is the logic mister smart

why don't you answer this question:

is Noah a sign to the clouds?

that should slam dunk you for good

The wrote:
again, u provided arabic text and ghamdy's recitation as proofs of somethin,

a proof that in such verse they got it right

again all the signs of Allah are to those who will be questioned and held accountable, why don't you uise one brain cell of yours and you should get it

let me ask you:

is Noah a sign to the donkeys?

The wrote:
so it would be behooving to accept ur own proofs and acknowledge that in 29:15 it is "worlds" and not "knowledgeable"! ofcourse, u dont need to!

Well, what i will acceot is nothing but logic, for me Noah and any other sign from Allah can never be directed at the creatures that are not held avccountable, like the earth, the stars, the sun, the animals, etc etc

is that hard for you to understand? or are you trapped in the traditionlists confusion?

The wrote:
## again...many non-muslims and wannabes attempt playin wid tashkil,

I donlt give a rat arse about such people, I only use my brain and the common sense

now the brain and the common sense suggest that the signs of Allah can never be for the animals and many other creatures, therefore the word Aalameen (worlds) can never fit logicallly

The wrote:
and i dont concern myself wid dem; nor am i goin to concern myself with u over this!

# take care, bud...salam! (-:

Great, however you have refuted nothing

Salam
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Feb, 2008 7:10 am
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
Great, however you have refuted nothing

# in typical wannabe/hypocrite style u have resorted to refusing what u urself offer as proof, and ve started talking abt logic which, funnily enuf, is the farthest thing away from ur mindless ramblings!

## the wannabes at freeminds make smarter arguments than u can...so i wldnt concern myself with lesser wannabes/hypocrites!

and unlike ur more intelligent counterparts u dont even merit a consideration...atleast come up with a semblance of logic if u expect a refutation! :-S

## take care, matey...salam! (-:
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Feb, 2008 4:07 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

The wrote:
# in typical wannabe/hypocrite style u have resorted to refusing what u urself offer as proof,

Look sir, you really talk non sense and I had enough of your rants, you have failed to express what you want to say or refute, till this moment I really don't get what you want to say and I believe nor anyone who read this thread

The wrote:
and ve started talking abt logic which, funnily enuf, is the farthest thing away from ur mindless ramblings!

dismissed and I guess Ii have to dismiss the rest of your crap

The wrote:
## the wannabes at freeminds make smarter arguments than u can...so i wldnt concern myself with lesser wannabes/hypocrites!

and unlike ur more intelligent counterparts u dont even merit a consideration...atleast come up with a semblance of logic if u expect a refutation! :-S

## take care, matey...salam! (-:

Post Posted:
Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:19 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
Look sir, you really talk non sense and I had enough of your rants, you have failed to express what you want to say or refute, till this moment I really don't get what you want to say and I believe nor anyone who read this thread

# u can hardly speak for urself, bud...so dont bother speakin for all!

Quote:

# lolz...now ghamdy's recitation and arabic text is crap...typical!

...anyway, u ve gone from "wannabeism" (abusing tashkil) to hypocrisy...not too far away from...? :-S

## take care, matey! (-:
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:49 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Quote:

The wrote:
# u can hardly speak for urself, bud...so dont bother speakin for all!

hmmm, so you want to divert the the thread into a slandering shit, well, you won't even be able to be at par with me, however it seems you are totally confused, see the keyword above "Believe", i.e. i was not speaking for all, I only suggested that those who read this thread understood nothing of your rants, "A BELIEF", i/ fukin. e. I may be wrong, got it, pal

Quote:

The wrote:
# lolz...now ghamdy's recitation and arabic text is crap...typical!
...anyway, u ve gone from "wannabeism" (abusing tashkil) to hypocrisy...not too far away from...? :-S
## take care, matey! (-:

again, I'm not intending to divert this thread to a slandering game, you failed to understand what this thread is all about as well acted like a complete B****, therefore I have to continue dismissing your crap

salam
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Feb, 2008 6:54 pm
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

# u r dirt, bud...n u r rite...it's tuf bein at par wid dirt... :-S

## as for slanderin, u wer the 1 who has made a habit of it; i simply described u (-: ...and a typical hypocrite wid pathetic memory cant help bein anythin but dirt!

...n stop whinin n moanin...puhleez :-S

# take care, matey...salam! (-:
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Feb, 2008 7:27 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

To brother Life

can you please clean this thread from the crap started by the, please split it and remove it to the rubbish bin, if you can't do it, please let me know and I will do it

cheers

*Edit*

Brother Life, don't worry about splitting it, let's keep it as evidences, I have already locked the thread

cheers
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Feb, 2008 7:35 pm
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Re: Reply with quote  

Hi,

I was away last few days and look what has happend. I advise 'THE' goto arcade cafe and chill out. However for above abusive posts you are demoded.

'THE' IS NO MORE AN ADMIN HERE
Post Posted:
Thu 14 Feb, 2008 1:05 am