You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - End of the Quran English translation 1st & 2nd drafts
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information End of the Quran English translation 1st & 2nd drafts

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Quran Translation Feedback and Comments   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
BMZ

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Libra

singapore.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Congratulations, Ahmed

Jazakallah.

And now begins the toughest part of editing, checks and fine-tuning.

Do let me know, if you need any help.

Salaams & Eid Mubarak to you, family and all.

BMZ
Post Posted:
Sat 19 Sep, 2009 7:38 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Thank you dear brothers

For BMZ, yes mate, I will need a lot of help from you. When I will have a question for you, I will raise a thread for you

Cheers

Mon 21 Sep, 2009 4:36 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
BMZ

singapore.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Thank you dear brothers

For BMZ, yes mate, I will need a lot of help from you. When I will have a question for you, I will raise a thread for you

Cheers

My pleasure, mate.

I am on to Surah 7 with the explanatory translation. It is a very tough exercise, Ahmed. I think I will take a break. I don't know how you did it. Well done.

Salaams & Eid Mubarak

BMZ
Post Posted:
Mon 21 Sep, 2009 8:51 pm
zack
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
I will need a lot of help from you. When I will have a question for you, I will raise a thread for you

AssalamualaykumWarahmatullah,

I wish I could help you brother Ahmed, but I don't know Arabic enough(My English is not that bad though). Let me know if you need any help.

Eid Mubarak to all the members of this forum who believe in Quran. Very Happy
Post Posted:
Mon 21 Sep, 2009 10:06 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam all

For brother BMZ, yeh man, as I said it is a gigantic of a task, I myself do not know how I managed to do phase one, I believe it is all in the hands of Allah, I am actually a non patient person by nature, how I have been that patinet and still to be?, I don't know, however that is another lesson for me that I learnt from the Quran translation, which is to be patient and Allah will never nullify your good deeds

For brother Zack, this is what I need man, I need people with better English than mine, I will take care of the Arabic part and most of the English part, but I need people like you to fine tune my English part

Take care

Tue 22 Sep, 2009 5:46 am
zack
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
For brother Zack, this is what I need man, I need people with better English than mine, I will take care of the Arabic part and most of the English part, but I need people like you to fine tune my English part

Sure brother Ahmed, insha Allah I will, just let me know.
Post Posted:
Tue 22 Sep, 2009 10:37 pm
shindeiru
Knight
Knight

Faith:

blank.gif

Salaam ahmed and congratulations. May Allah reward you.

there is an interesting discussion going on here http://uiforum.uaeforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2, the forum of the notorious understanding-islam.com site.
it is a discussion going on on several threads in which i had a participation, on the validity of the hadith books as a source of religion. since i almost never openned the hadith books, i can hardly expose some of their absurdities, contrary to you who studied them. i use mainly Quran arguments to show that those books were never sanctionned by Allah, but if we could also give examples of contradictions within the hadith books as well as some absurd reports we could really nail the issue.
some very knowledgeable participants of both sides are contributing, maybe you could join in.

Wed 23 Sep, 2009 5:11 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

shindeiru wrote:
Salaam ahmed and congratulations. May Allah reward you.

there is an interesting discussion going on here http://uiforum.uaeforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2, the forum of the notorious understanding-islam.com site.
it is a discussion going on on several threads in which i had a participation, on the validity of the hadith books as a source of religion. since i almost never openned the hadith books, i can hardly expose some of their absurdities, contrary to you who studied them. i use mainly Quran arguments to show that those books were never sanctionned by Allah, but if we could also give examples of contradictions within the hadith books as well as some absurd reports we could really nail the issue.
some very knowledgeable participants of both sides are contributing, maybe you could join in.

Salam dear brother

Happy Eid to you

Certainly man, I will join in my earliest opportunity and get on with the flow

Take care

Wed 23 Sep, 2009 5:30 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam all

Sura 1 & 2 second draft has been finished, there were plenty of mistakes, some were really silly, but all good now and I am really happy with the final outcome, I also started the second draft of sura 3

Thanks for brother Life for helping out. May Allah consider it one of his best deeds

Cheers

Sun 22 Nov, 2009 5:40 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Sura 3 second draft is finished:

http://www.free-islam.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=591

Salam

Mon 30 Nov, 2009 8:44 am
BMZ

singapore.gif

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Sura 3 second draft is finished:

http://www.free-islam.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=591

Salam

Well done, Ahmed

Will take a look later and comment, if necessary.

Salaams, mate
BMZ
Post Posted:
Mon 30 Nov, 2009 4:14 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam all

Last night, I have finished Free Islam Quran translation�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??s second draft, thanking Allah zillions of times won�?????�????�???�??�?�¢??t be even enough, this is due to the fact that I have never dreamed to go through the Quran letter by letter in my life, rather quick reading and while skipping hard verses that will have no affect on the basics of belief in Allah, His messengers, His angels, His scriptures and the judgement day. These are the five pillars of Iman (belief), if I have to make pillars for it, i.e. if you believe in the following five, then you are 100% a believer (not yet a Muslim though):

1- Allah
2- His messengers
3- His angels
4- His scriptures
5- The judgement day.

The above was clearly stated in the Quran:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ آمِنُواْ بِاللّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَالْكِتَابِ الَّذِي نَزَّلَ عَلَى رَسُولِهِ وَالْكِتَابِ الَّذِيَ أَنزَلَ مِن قَبْلُ وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِاللّهِ وَمَلاَئِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلاَلاً بَعِيدًا (136)
O you who have believed! Believe in Allah and His messenger and the book which He has sent down upon His messenger and the book which He sent down before. And whoever disbelieves in Allah and His angels and His messengers and His books and the last day, then he has certainly strayed into distant misguidance.
[Al Quran ; 4:136]

-> See what we need to believe in: وَمَن يَكْفُرْ بِاللّهِ وَمَلاَئِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلاَلاً بَعِيدًا , i.e. And whoever disbelieves in Allah and His angels and His messengers and His books and the last day, then he has certainly strayed into distant misguidance. No need to believe in such man made books of crap hadith, certainly they are not in the five listed above, unless al-Mushrikoon come and tell us that: وَكُتُبِهِ , i.e. and His books cover the books of Bukhari and Muslim along with the Quran. A shifty trick that is already expired and used by the associate of those Mushrikoon, their master Bukhari, see:

Bukhari calls the man made books of sunnah the book of Allah

Back to the first point I was trying to make which is the fact that translating the Quran twice made me go through it letter by letter while never skipping any hard verse or word, amazing experience I have been through that I wanted never to stop, eventually it has to stop then release Free Islam English translation to the public for free. That must be obvious from the word �?????�????�???�??�?�¢??Free�?????�????�???�??�?�¢?? in its title Free Islam English Translation.

At the beginning I planed to have two drafts, the first draft started on 2007-05-29 and ended on 2009-09-16 (the end of last Ramadan), it took 2 years, 4 months and 4 days (about 856 days), i.e. an average of 7.4 verses/day. It was really hard I have to say, I entered into an environment that was totally foreign to me from the experience aspect, but not from the qualification/knowledge aspects. I was and still and will always be attached to the Quran since I was 14 years old, always liked the Arabic language and its grammar and finally know enough English and possess so many helpful tools to help me out, these three important qualifications certainly increased my confidence to take on such massive task that I never dreamed of in 42 years of my life. Let me also repeat this, Free Islam English translation (FIET) was never planned to be just another English translation added to the existing 100 or so to make the numbers, rather it differs in five aspects:

1- As literal as possible by translating and not interpreting
2- The words order in English should be the same as Arabic words order as possible
3- Consistency of the English words and their Arabic equivalent should be as high as possible
4- Free of any preconceived understandings from the man made books of hadith and sirah as possible
5- Be put in a way leaving no room for the kafirs enemy of Islam to use English words to cook laughable arguments against the Quran Arabic words.

Doing this with the mind alone is almost impossible, I needed technology to help me out to achieve the above, so making my living through technology came very handy indeed, it made my job so easy but yet very time consuming. It also made me innovative and design Access Quran software, which should come very handy through the final and third draft inshaallah.

I was planning to concentrate on the 5 items above through the second draft, however I was shocked with the amount of mistakes and typos I did (this is when I decided to make a third draft). I even left at least one verse untranslated; sorry guys, my eyes are not that strong somehow and they get really tired after sitting a couple of hours in front of a computer, however and just to let you know, I spend at least 10 hours in front of a computer for the last 15 years or so. So I decided to run the second draft as I ran the first draft, i.e. not concentrating on those 5 items whle not ignoring them at the same time, I did as much as I can through draft 1 and 2 but will kill it in draft 3 inshallah.

The second draft started on 2009-10-13 and ended on 2010-09-5 (the end of this Ramadan), it took 10 months and 24 days (about 329 days), i.e. an average of 19 verses/day. I am really happy with the outcome of draft 2, and I am looking forward for draft 3 inshaallah.

Draft 3 will run totally different to the first two drafts; firstly, a lot of verses will be done in one session inshaallah, somewhere between 50 and 100/day, about 130 days, just over 4 months, however I have planned 6 to 9 months for it because I will also be very busy doing the following multi tasking tasks:

1- Confirm the text of both the Arabic Quran with marks and without marks

2- Confirm consistency all around the Quran by creating a database to hold key words and sentences as I progress through draft 3, which is going to be very helpful and accurate way of increasing consistency.

3- Copy Free Islam English translation to Access Quran.

4- Copy Free Islam English translation to Free Islam Quran module which should also populate into the random Quran verse seen in the top right corner of Free Islam home page

5- Enhance Access Quran software and prepare it for public distribution.

6- Post all Quran MP3 files on Free Islam which will be used with Access Quran MP3 player

I am indeed excited and looking forward to finish the above massive work by August 2011 isnhaallah, may extend it to October 2011 if needed.

Finally I would like to thank my dear brother Life from Norway for giving me a hand in Free Islam English translation by running his own check from start to finish; his dates of checks are marked in orange text while mine are in red. I think he reached sura 12 so far. Thank you very much dear brother.

Happy Eid to everyone and will talk to you soon inshaallah after I have a little break.

Salam

Mon 06 Sep, 2010 8:58 pm