You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Zakat
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Zakat

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Hadith & Sunnah   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Rigel
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

india.gif

Post subject: What is Zakat! Reply with quote  

Salam,

I been trying to find details about zakat, when and how much is due and whom to give.
What is the 2.5% table.
Post Posted:
Fri 19 Sep, 2008 5:02 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Re: What is Zakat! Reply with quote  

Rigel wrote:
Salam,

I been trying to find details about zakat, when and how much is due and whom to give.
What is the 2.5% table.

Salam bro, I will get back to you some time later regarding this important question

Salam
Post Posted:
Fri 19 Sep, 2008 2:07 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Rigel
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

india.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Rolling Eyes
Post Posted:
Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:51 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam bro

Sorry man, I should have replied to this ages ago but I am sure you are aware of the circumstances, I just do not want to give you a short reply but it seems that I have no option but to do that at the time being

Zakat is something that you do or say that should cause good to you, the good is either by adding more good deeds to you or by removing bad deeds from you. if we look at paying Zakat for example, because we pay money for the poor then it means that we are doing something good to others and consequently it should cause good to us.

This is the very short answer mate, but as you know I will visit this thread again later inshaallah when my life comes back to normal

Take care
Post Posted:
Fri 24 Oct, 2008 5:19 am
Kafir-Harbi
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
This is the very short answer mate, but as you know I will visit this thread again later inshaallah when my life comes back to normal

Take care

I am interested in your answer on this one also, and please justify your answer using the koran alone.

Regards,
Kafir-H
Post Posted:
Fri 12 Dec, 2008 7:53 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Kafir-Harbi wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:

Take care

I am interested in your answer on this one also, and please justify your answer using the koran alone.

Regards,
Kafir-H

I was thinking about it the other day that I should at least elborate on such 2.5 % that has been enforced, to be honest I do not accept such fixed percentage, I believe Zakat is open to as much as you can, and I believe the Quran supports my opionion which requirea another research

Salam
Post Posted:
Fri 12 Dec, 2008 8:21 am
Rigel
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

india.gif

Code:
I was thinking about it the other day that I should at least elborate on such 2.5 % that has been enforced, to be honest I do not accept such fixed percentage, I believe Zakat is open to as much as you can, and I believe the Quran supports my opionion which requirea another research

Salam and thankyou for bringing this topic again.

Due to lack of knowledge and not believing what people says because its not simple 2.5% theres alot of other confusion.

So heres what I have concluded for myself. Whenever theres an income (I will not say surplus income because, it is me who will decide if my income is surplus or not) so whenever theres an income, I give zakat, sometimes monthly or sometimes quarterly. The amount I zakat varies because of my expenses. Other than that sometimes I do charity.

One thing I dont understand, how and when zakat applies on assets.

Salam
Post Posted:
Tue 16 Dec, 2008 2:56 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Rigel wrote:
Code:

Salam and thankyou for bringing this topic again.

Due to lack of knowledge and not believing what people says because its not simple 2.5% theres alot of other confusion.

So heres what I have concluded for myself. Whenever theres an income (I will not say surplus income because, it is me who will decide if my income is surplus or not) so whenever theres an income, I give zakat, sometimes monthly or sometimes quarterly. The amount I zakat varies because of my expenses. Other than that sometimes I do charity.

One thing I dont understand, how and when zakat applies on assets.

Salam

Salam mate

I agree with you totally, I believe that 2.5% should never been fixed for all generations, i believe as much as you can pay the better it is in the reward, same with salat, the more you pray the better is the reward, I believe also that Zakat should only be paid on cash money that is earned, I do not believe that it should be paid on inherited asstes, any asset that is purchased should have been purchased with cash first, which means the zakat should have been paid on that cash before purchaseing the asset.

There is more to the subject and I believe the Quran should give us the light regarding such pillar of Islam

Salam
Post Posted:
Tue 16 Dec, 2008 7:47 pm
parvez_mushtaq
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Cancer

india.gif

Post subject: Zakat Reply with quote  

It is all about a man called P.jainullaahbuddin of TNTJ

first i want to brief anout tntj (tamilnadu tawheed jamat)
it was started by p.jainullaahbuddin commonly called as pj in TN (tamilnadu)
it is a very active jamat involving in good dawah as well as social welfare
its workers give their heart and sole for the cause
most of them are poor people but they do a great job with their limited resources
they even mange to revert lots of Hindus and Christians

the problem is ,their founder , the man called pj
there are lots of problems with him
lets take zakat first

as per him
zakat is to be paid only once in the life time for a commodity
for example
if i had paid zakat for my car when i bought , i need not pay zakat for the same every year
i want your view point as ahulul quran on this issue

regards

Mushtaq
Post Posted:
Mon 03 Aug, 2009 9:15 pm
quranvshadith

Faith:

Post subject: Re: What is Zakat! Reply with quote  

Rigel wrote:
Salam,

What is the 2.5% table.

Link

I created this video.. using QURAN ALONE.. there are 55 verses in the QURAN talking about ZAKAT.. not a SINGLE one talks about 2.5% of anything..

It does talk about giving in moderation.. what you can when you can..

Peace

Tue 21 Jun, 2011 8:32 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger