You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - The Five Pillars of Islam for Quran Alone Muslims by Mesmori
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information The Five Pillars of Islam for Quran Alone Muslims by Mesmori

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Class Discussion   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: The Five Pillars of Islam for Quran Alone Muslims by Mesmori Reply with quote  

The Five Pillars of the Qur'an Alone

SHAHADA
'When his (Abraham's) Lord said to him, Be a Muslim, he said: I submit myself to the Lord of the worlds.
Qur'an 2:131

Allah bears witness that there is no god but He, and (so do) the angels and those possessed of knowledge, maintaining His creation with justice; there is no god but He, the Mighty, the Wise.
Quran 3:18

But if they dispute with you, say: I have submitted myself entirely to Allah and (so) every one who follows me; and say to those who have been given the Book and the unlearned people: Do you submit yourselves? So if they submit then indeed they follow the right way; and if they turn back, then upon you is only the delivery of the message and Allah sees the servants.
Quran 3:20

And We made the children of Israel to pass through the sea, then Firon and his hosts followed them for oppression and tyranny; until when drowning overtook him, he said: I believe that there is no god but He in Whom the children of Israel believe and I am of those who submit.
Quran 10:90

And return to your Lord time after time and submit to Him before there comes to you the punishment, then you shall not be helped.
Quran 39:54

Say: I am forbidden to serve those whom you call upon besides Allah when clear arguments have come to me from my Lord, and I am commanded that I should submit to the Lord of the worlds.
Quran 40:66

Thus the recommended Shahada is:
There is no god but Allah; I submit to the Lord of the Universe. It is interesting to note that despite Islam meaning Submission and Muslim meaning Submitter, the traditional Muslims do not submit in their declaration of Muslimship. See also the ayat 2:285 (which shows that people should at least make intention to obey Allah (SWT)) and 9:74.

SALAAT
Please refer to my article Salaat in the Quran Alone.

ZAKAT
They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit. And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder.
Quran 2:219

Ideally, it would be a progressive tax system (2.5% previously having been agreed upon for the average-individual).

HAJJ
The where-and-when are clear in the Quran:

Most surely the first house appointed for men is the one at Bekka (Mecca), blessed and a guidance for the nations. In it are clear signs, the standing place of Ibrahim, and whoever enters it shall be secure, and pilgrimage to the House is incumbent upon men for the sake of Allah, [upon] every one who is able to undertake the journey to it; and whoever disbelieves, then surely Allah is Self-sufficient, above any need of the worlds.
Quran 3:96-97

And He it is Who held back their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of Mecca after He had given you victory over them; and Allah is Seeing what you do. It is they who disbelieved and turned you away from the Sacred Mosque????�???�??�?�¦
Quran 48:24-25

They ask you concerning the new moon. Say: They are times appointed for [the benefit of] men, and [for] the pilgrimage????�???�??�?�¦

Quran 2:189

Let us look for the sacred months. These months were well known (9:37) just as the months of the Hajj were well known (2:197):

Zul-Hijjah and Muharram (pilgrimage and forbidden) are obvious choices. The month preceding Zul-Hijjah (Zul-Qada) carries a name conveying sitting (i.e. not fighting). We know from the Quran that fighting was and still is forbidden in the sacred months, and furthermore people had to prepare for the Pilgrimage. Therefore this month is included. Finally, the isolated sacred month (Rajab) carries a name conveying respect. These sacred months are confirmed by history (and) the most authentic hadith, the Final Sermon. No other months carry names suggestive of their being sacred.

Other Quran alone Muslims differ. They say:

The four sacred months are Zul-Hijjah, Muharram, Safar and Rabi I (the 12th, 1st, 2nd and 3rd months). The name of the first is self-explanatory whilst Rabi is derived from the root word Araba (conveying four). Now there are two months in the lunar calendar with the name Rabi; the third month RabiI and the fourth month RabiII. Use of the word in the fourth month is understandable, whilst its use in the third suggests that it is the fourth sacred month.

The Quran implies in ayat 9:1-5 that the sacred months are consecutive.

Firstly the reason that there are two months sharing the names of Rabi�????'¢?� is the same reason why there are two months sharing the name Jumada (summer). Rabi�????'¢?� in these instances means spring and it simply refers to the time of the year when these lunar months were named. It has nothing to do with sacred months. Secondly the relevant Quranic ayat are these:

So go about in the land for four months and know that you cannot weaken Allah and that Allah will bring disgrace to the unbelievers.
Quran 9:2

So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Quran 9:5

Ayah 9:2 does not provide details to support or refute the idea of consecutive sacred months, since it will depend on the readers interpretation. What is to suggest that going about in the land for four months does not refer to going about in the land for four months of the year?? Ayah 9:5 can be interpreted to mean when the sacred months are not ensuing (this is applicable because Muharram is the first lunar month and it is sacred). Rajab will come, but when it has passed, it has passed.

To support this view, the policy/punishment to the guilty idolaters in 9:1-5 is applicable not just to one year, but to every year in which they are around:

O you who believe! the idolaters are nothing but unclean, so they shall not approach the Sacred Mosque AFTER THIS YEAR of theirs; and if you fear poverty then Allah will enrich you out of His grace if He please; surely Allah is Knowing Wise.
Quran 9:28

Thus it is appropriate to say that the four months referred to in 9:2 and 9:5 means four months of the year (i.e. each year), and not one specific set of four months.

[]ABSTENTIONS (EHRAAM) DURING HAJJ:
Hunting (5:1-2), (5:95)
War and fighting (2:217)
Sexual intercourse, misconduct and arguments (2:197)
The cutting of the hair (2:196)

RITES:
The Tawaaf (circling the Kaaba) (22:26, 29)
The Safa and Marwah (2:158)
Mount Arafat (2:198)
Animal Offerings (22:36), (5:97)

These are the rites of Hajj that are decreed by Allah (SWT).

The following are the Pagan rituals of Hajj which are not decreed by Allah (SWT) and have no basis nor authorization within Islam:

1.Black Stone
2.The water of zamzam
3.The stoning ritual
4.The Hajj garments (white towels)
5.Hajj via deputisation.
6.Women not allowed to perform the Hajj without a Mihrim.
7.Women (during menstruation) deprived of their prayers (thus not completing Hajj rituals).
8.Visiting the Prophets tomb in Medina and declaring it yet another sacred masjid. That is idol-worship.

FASTING
(Fasting is) for a fixed number of days; and if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. And for those who can do it with great difficulty/great effort, is a ransom (if they do not fast), the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that you fast, if you only knew. The month of Ramadhan in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong). And whosoever of you is present, let him fast the month, and whosoever of you is sick or on a journey, (let him fast the same) number of other days. Allah desires ease for you; He does not desire hardship for you; and (He desires) that you should complete the period, and that you should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that peradventure you may be thankful.
Quran 2:183-185

�????'¢?�????�???�??�?�¦and eat and drink until the whiteness of the day becomes distinct from the blackness of the night at dawn, then complete the fast till night????�???�??�?�¦
Quran 2:187

Cheers

Thu 31 Mar, 2011 4:52 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Minhaj
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Zodiac: Gemini

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salaam;

Thank you for posting it. Just a small note: although it is impossible to prove that rakat are compulsory, community-consensus is required from 2:43 and congregation prayer. Thus it is advisable and not in any way un-Qur'anic.

Minhaj
Post Posted:
Fri 01 Apr, 2011 3:25 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Minhaj wrote:
Salaam;
Thank you for posting it. Just a small note: although it is impossible to prove that rakat are compulsory, community-consensus is required from 2:43 and congregation prayer. Thus it is advisable and not in any way un-Qur'anic.

Minhaj

No worries mate and welcome to FI

Can you please elaborate as I dont fully understand you when you said:

"community-consensus is required from 2:43 and congregation prayer. Thus it is advisable and not in any way un-Qur'anic."

Cheers

Fri 01 Apr, 2011 3:28 pm
Minhaj
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Zodiac: Gemini

Salaam;

I meant "in" congregation prayer, not "and" apologies. This link will sum up what I ultimately mean:

http://allpoetry.com/column/2366095

There is a congregation prayer (4:102, 62:9-10) and so I assume people would have to know what to expect. To apply this method for individual salaat is logical if one wishes to maintain some consistency in the way that they pray. Ultimately it is just ideal.

Sorry again!
Post Posted:
Sat 02 Apr, 2011 11:40 am