You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - The true believers in Allah
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information The true believers in Allah

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » The God, His Messengers & Prohpets   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: The true believers in Allah Reply with quote  

Hello

Those who have doubt can not be considered believers:

The believers are only those who believe in Allah and His Messenger then they doubt not and struggle hard with their wealth and their lives in the way of Allah; they are the truthful ones.
[The Quran ; 49:15]
إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَرْتَابُوا وَجَاهَدُوا بِأَمْوَالِهِمْ وَأَنفُسِهِمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الصَّادِقُونَ (15)

And those who question God conceringing what He orders can not be considered believers either:
He cannot be questioned concerning what He does and they shall be questioned.
[The Quran ; 21:23]
لَا يُسْأَلُ عَمَّا يَفْعَلُ وَهُمْ يُسْأَلُونَ (23)

Salam

Mon 19 Feb, 2007 9:38 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
The
Rook
Rook

Zodiac: Taurus

blank.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

# this is an interesting topic bro....i think any true believer would do 2 things for sure:

1. keep away from the forbidden
2. indulge in the ordained

...it always intrigues me as to who truly "believe"!

...and is "believing" distinct from "submitting"? i "believe" in god...(atleast i try to)...but there are questions which i do not have answers to, and i try to not think too much about these questions, often leaving them at "subhanaka la AAilma lana illa ma AAallamtana innaka anta alAAaleemu alhakeemu" (2:32)

...however, there are things i do which i shouldnt be doing...and things which i should do but i dont...,and i really wonder: "can i call myself a muslim?!"

# another thing...the traditionalists exhort peepz to become "mumins" and not just "muslims"! they seem to suggest that mumin is a level higher than muslim....something which i dont buy...atleast not at the moment!

what do u and other peepz in here think about this? is mumin really "better" than muslims as traditionalists claim?
Post Posted:
Wed 21 Feb, 2007 5:50 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

The wrote:
# this is an interesting topic bro....i think any true believer would do 2 things for sure:
1. keep away from the forbidden
2. indulge in the ordained

Salam bro

The above two sound like DEEDS and you are right, the belivers deeds should be according to the above to guidlines

The wrote:
...it always intrigues me as to who truly "believe"!

I actually look at it concering myself alone, I hope I'm a true believer though

The wrote:
...and is "believing" distinct from "submitting"?

of course, Submitting is the highest level of belief

The wrote:
i "believe" in god...(atleast i try to)...but there are questions which i do not have answers to, and i try to not think too much about these questions, often leaving them at "subhanaka la AAilma lana illa ma AAallamtana innaka anta alAAaleemu alhakeemu" (2:32)

Spunds like you are already a submitter

The wrote:
...however, there are things i do which i shouldnt be doing...and things which i should do but i dont...,and i really wonder: "can i call myself a muslim?!"

If you consider that anything happen to you (good or bad) is from God and you take it with a believer attitude then you must be a submitter

The wrote:
# another thing...the traditionalists exhort peepz to become "mumins" and not just "muslims"! they seem to suggest that mumin is a level higher than muslim....something which i dont buy...atleast not at the moment!

It does not make sense, remeber that our religion name is Islam, that should indicate that this is the upmost objective that all believers should achieve

The wrote:
what do u and other peepz in here think about this? is mumin really "better" than muslims as traditionalists claim?

NO WAY

A Muslim is the hghest level of a believer

Take care bro

Wed 21 Feb, 2007 9:28 am
SlaveofAllaah
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Capricorn

saudiarabia.gif

Post subject: Re: Reply with quote  

Can i have some discussion on Muslim is the highest level of believer, I have no authenticity regarding this fact adn my knowledge with Quran is not that great.

But always believed with the This concept, that Muslims is the one who accepts There is one God and Mohamed is the messenger of God.

But, a Mumin is the one who accepts the above and submits will to God and performs deeds according to the Quran and the Sunnah.

Well, it goes this way, accepting my tongue and accepting by heart are two totally different things and thats an analogy between Muslim and Momeen. I would be happy if brother AB, can throw some light on this.

Well, i repeat again, my lack of knowledge on this subject, is the reason for the query.

Thanks in advance.
Post Posted:
Thu 22 Feb, 2007 11:43 pm
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Salam,

Believer, nonbeliever, muslim, momin, etc etc etc....

I think these words have little to do with reality and whos higher than the other is nothing but an argument and we humans are very good at aruging.

God is unseen, so its impossible to know anyones belief, be it muslim or anyother. What we see is deeds and we judge from it but not from belief because its unknown.

One of my friend is an ex-christian, reason? for all bad happenings in world, is in Gods name , so i dont believe in God. We talked about hours and he said 'I believe there is someone who runs the stars, earth, water, everything but I will not call him God.

So what is he atheist ?
Post Posted:
Fri 23 Feb, 2007 12:36 am
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
life wrote:
Believer, nonbeliever, muslim, momin, etc etc etc....

I think these words have little to do with reality and whos higher than the other is nothing but an argument and we humans are very good at aruging.

# i think these words have much to do with reality, but v humans have very little to do with it!

...like u put it, very good at arguing, that's what most of us are!

Quote:
God is unseen, so its impossible to know anyones belief, be it muslim or anyother. What we see is deeds and we judge from it but not from belief because its unknown.

# ah! that's a fine observation, brother! yes, v may never know what somebody is holding in his/her heart....and v quite often judge by what v see!

Quote:
One of my friend is an ex-christian, reason? for all bad happenings in world, is in Gods name , so i dont believe in God.

# what does he mean by "is in god's name", bro?

Quote:
We talked about hours and he said 'I believe there is someone who runs the stars, earth, water, everything but I will not call him God.

So what is he atheist ?

# dunno...he probably finds it hard to refute a creator, but there are other questions which he finds unanswered! if he acknowledges a creator who runs the show, then the label "atheist" probably doesnt sit well on him!

....maybe a deist? though i ll admit i suggest this for want of a better "label"! :-S
Post Posted:
Sat 24 Feb, 2007 4:42 am
The
Rook
Rook

blank.gif

Quote:
ahmedbahgat wrote:
It does not make sense, remeber that our religion name is Islam, that should indicate that this is the upmost objective that all believers should achieve

NO WAY

A Muslim is the hghest level of a believer

# i agree, bro! going by the quran, the odds are increasingly stacked against any designation other than "muslim" which peepz must strive for! i wonder why the traditionalists are so hung up on "mumin"! why not mukhliseen or muttaqeen?

check out the wikipedia entry for "muslim"....it has the views of a non-muslim "scholar" of islam, who opines that according to quran, "muslim" and "mumin" are seperate terms, with "muslim" meeting the bare minimum requirement, while the "mumin" gives himself, heart and soul, to "faith"!

...ofcourse, the dud is a plain liar...but u have surely seen the munafiqs who adopt the views of non-muslims and propogate it as the correct understanding! : grin :

# salam bro! (-:
Post Posted:
Sat 24 Feb, 2007 5:03 am