You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Is Shura what is meant by Consultative Council?
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Is Shura what is meant by Consultative Council?

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Announcements   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Re: Is Shura what is meant by Consultative Council? Reply with quote  

Myr wrote:
Salam All,

Salam Sister

Myr wrote:
Inchallah this finds you all doing fine and thank you all for your warm welcome, may God the All-Mighty reward you.

Thank you, we are delighted that you joined us indeed

Myr wrote:
I have a question on the consultative council but first can we correct the spelling of "consultative" council in this section?Smile.

Laughing Laughing

that was not me, it was Life

Myr wrote:
Several months ago, I had a discussion with James one of my friends who is also a believer in the Quran and God Allah only. We were talking about the meaning in Quran of "shura" in verse 42:38 vs "democracy" that some Muslims think this is what it is.

But it is a sort of demcoracy however it is not 100% as such

Myr wrote:
If my understanding is correct, "shura" is from 'ashara" "yushawiru", that is, to consult, ask for an opinion, a feedback, an input, please correct me if my understanding of "shura" is uncorrect.

I believe you are right, so it means that every knowledgable perosn will suggest something "Point to an understanding" then all should agree on the best one for the benifit of the indivdual or the socities "Shoraa Baynahum"

Myr wrote:
I also understand that consulting does not mean "hukm" that is "governing/deciding/issuing a judgment" as it came in other verses such as 5:49 and therefore voting/poll in the light of Quran does not mean deciding and therefore does not mean democracy:-),

I agree that consult does not mean Hukm, what me and life intended by this CC forum is simply give the opportunity to every moderator to state why a specific decision should happen then all moderators should agree on one thing that must be fair to all parties,

However your input to that forum and its cause will be looked at and considered carefully, we have not yet reached the final layout of this place and would be happy that you suggest a few things

Myr wrote:
but rather a tool for the decision makers, in other words, beside consulting, there is still a separate decision making process that takes place by re-assessing people's inputs following a consultation, in the light of the Quranic wisdom (this is my understanding of the verse "ah'kum baynahum bema an'zalla Allah" (literally rule/decide/judge among them with what God has revealed)).

exactly, however I really want all members to feel free and not limited by a few sets of rules that we make, I'm totally against banning and I really believe that having a word with a wrong doer will achieve far better results

Myr wrote:
One would assume that sometimes the decision maker may go against the wish of a majority:-) and the part of verse 5:100 "walaw aAAjabaka kathratu alkhabeethi" (literally "even though the abundance of the bad may please you") would make sense:-).

sure, I agree, that is why all moderators must agree on a descision that is mostely fair to the person in question and not for them

Myr wrote:
My point is consulting is not deciding and being a Moderator/Administrator of a forum that tries to implement the divine wisdom in the Quran is NOT an easy task but rather a heavy one:-) but may God the All-Mighty help you achieve it.

Agree, in fact I hate having a sort of a decipline committee, but I do understand that running a public place requires a set or rules, honestly I want these rules to be created by the public themselves hence they will respect it because it is their rules thay have made

From my side there is nothing that offends me other than mocking Allah, His prophets and His signs

If I'm been mocked myself, I don't cry or run to the moderators, I take justice on my own hands and I like it this way, but if the public don't like it this way then it has to be the way the public want it

Take care sister

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Mon 13 Nov, 2006 10:34 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam,

Quote:
that was not me, it was File

File? LOL!!! you made me sound like a bot Smile

Quote:
sure, I agree, that is why all moderators must agree on a descision that is mostely fair to the person in question and not for them

Let me add the big difference between FI and others. Here at FI moderators/admins will discuss everything and make decisions openly infront of public.

Quote:
If I'm beein mocked myself, I don't cry or run to the moderators, I take justice on my own hands and I like it this way, but if the public don't like it this way then it has to be the way the public want it

No dark justice allowed! I am trying and will keep on trying that mocking of any kind doesnt happen here. Until this place flourish and moderators take control, I have self imposed responsibility to keep the house clean. Uptil now brother Ahmed has kept me busy cleaning Smile

As brother Ahmed have said nobody gets permenant ban on FI, the max punishment for breaking board rules will be 2weeks, we havent decided exact period and how it will take effect. Your input is very welcome sister.
Post Posted:
Mon 13 Nov, 2006 11:37 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

sorry bro, i meant it is you Laughing
Post Posted: