You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Need a software like this
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Need a software like this

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next 
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Post subject: Reply with quote  

AhmedBahgat wrote:
Can you please suggest the use of the functions keys as a way of editing, saving, adding, deleting functionlity (for the notes only)

Hi Ahmed, I got your point. If I have only functions key to Edit , Delete and add Notes in Notes module as well as Notes Search module, then these will be my preference.

F2 : Edit Notes.
F5 : Save Notes.
F3 : Search Notes
F4 or ESC: Cancel & Exit
F8 : Adding Notes
F10 : Deleting Notes
Down Arrow: Next Note (Only in Non Editing Mode)
Up Arrow: Previous Note (Only in Non Editing Mode)
Post Posted:
Tue 03 Feb, 2009 12:53 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private message
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

I have one question.

At this point , How hard is to add new translations to AccessQuran?
Post Posted:
Tue 03 Feb, 2009 1:32 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
I have one question.

At this point , How hard is to add new translations to AccessQuran?

Not hard, but cannot be automated, I have to hard code it

I would love to make it easy to add new translation which will allow us to have all avaiable English translations ever made, but that is truck load of work which I have no plan to do right now, however I have the attitude to do it later on inshaallah

Tue 03 Feb, 2009 7:10 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Ahmed,
After a long time, today i went to FFi forum , I dint knew the website is updated. I just tried to login with my Old User Id and Password , but i was unable to do it . do i need to register again?
Post Posted:
Tue 03 Feb, 2009 12:03 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Ahmed,
After a long time, today i went to FFi forum , I dint knew the website is updated. I just tried to login with my Old User Id and Password , but i was unable to do it . do i need to register again?

yes mate, you need to register again

I also need your help regarding Access Quran, I am trying to copy the arabic verses without the diacritical marks from openburhan, it has to happen one verse at a time, however if you double click under the audio icon but slightly to the left of it, you will be able to select the required text then paste in access table in front of each surais and verseid the I will import that table into Access Quran, adding the text without dicritical marks will make Access Quran very unique

I have done sura 1, sura 3 and sura 80-114, so if you can help here, it will be very much appreciated

copying an oasting each verse takes 2 seconds exactly,

cheers

Tue 03 Feb, 2009 12:56 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Hello again Q&S

I decided to add a massive module to allow Managing translations, this will make free Islam certainly unique, I will allow up to 100 translations, which means they may be able to add other languages as well, however my only problem is how I can handle the All Translations screen with all these increasing number of Translations, can you suggest some smart idea(s)?

Also, do not forget my last comment, I really need help with that, today, I spend 90 minutes copying 1000 verses from open burhan, it is easy, the problem is the massive amount of copy and paste, my daughter is too young and cannot handle it, I am forcing her to finish sura 2 & 3 tonight, but I guess she won't

If 3 to 5 of us get into it, we can finish it in a couple of days, this will allow the Arabic keyboard that I developed today to be used efficiently

Cheers

Tue 03 Feb, 2009 7:34 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
If 3 to 5 of us get into it, we can finish it in a couple of days, this will allow the Arabic keyboard that I developed today to be used efficientlyCheers

I will experiment with some tricks for importing into accessQuran, if I fail to do it. then i will inform you and we will do it manually.
Post Posted:
Wed 04 Feb, 2009 1:03 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

QuranandScience wrote:
AhmedBahgat wrote:
If 3 to 5 of us get into it, we can finish it in a couple of days, this will allow the Arabic keyboard that I developed today to be used efficientlyCheers

I will experiment with some tricks for importing into accessQuran, if I fail to do it. then i will inform you and we will do it manually.

Hey Ahmed , As you know previous translations we imported from http://www.qurandatabase.org/

Earlier I dint find Literal translation on their site, so i requested a mail to them , with in 2 days they uploaded the Literal Translation from their MySQL database.

I am dam sure that they also have the arabic text without diacritical marks, I just requested them for this file, I hope we could get that file from them without the long manual process.

Regards,
MAK
Post Posted:
Wed 04 Feb, 2009 3:13 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

AhmedBahgat wrote:
I decided to add a massive module to allow Managing translations, this will make free Islam certainly unique, I will allow up to 100 translations, which means they may be able to add other languages as well, however my only problem is how I can handle the All Translations screen with all these increasing number of Translations, can you suggest some smart idea(s)?

Are you planning to add only a module for managing translations , or you are going to change the whole table structure of AccessQuran for managing translations.

As the size of AccessQuran software will increase by adding no of translation, so the ideal way will be do give some import file , which can be used in manage translation modules.

As the user goes on adding new translations , all the dropdown lists should be updated automatically.

And as you know , we have a drop down at the right side of each verse. This drop down should contain the list of individual translations with two Extra Items "All the Translations" " 5 favorite Translations".
"All the translations" should be capable of showing All Translators with a long vertical scrollbar.
"5 Favorite Transators" should show only 5 which can be organized in Manage translation module. And this should be the default option for the right dropdown list.

I wont recommend new screens for new languages, it will be good if they all come in the same screen.

Manage translation Module should have the following features,
1. importing translations.
2. Deleting translations.
3. Selecting Favorite 5 Translations.
4. Changing colors for translations.
5. Ordering or sorting the Translation.

I will let you know , if I get any new ideas.
Post Posted:
Wed 04 Feb, 2009 3:45 pm
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Hey Ahmed , I have found a way to import all the verses.

We need not do manually.

Give me some time , i will import all the verse and will give you in access format.
Post Posted:
Thu 05 Feb, 2009 3:18 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

You will like this.

All the Quran words without diacritical marks.

Quran Words

I was experimenting with the open burhan database. And was anyhow able to extract this data.

Let me know , if this doesnt open or if its not correct.
Post Posted:
Thu 05 Feb, 2009 5:34 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
You will like this.

All the Quran words without diacritical marks.

Quran Words

I was experimenting with the open burhan database. And was anyhow able to extract this data.

Let me know , if this doesnt open or if its not correct.

That is very cool Q&S, thanks, however I wonder why the total records is differnt from the total I got for all words with dicritical marks, I have to do some analysis and find out why

I still need all the verses in Arabic as while I may be able to write code to compose the verses out of the words you provided, I am worried that I will end up stuffing some verses without being aware of it

Cheers

Thu 05 Feb, 2009 7:28 am
QuranandScience
Pawn
Pawn

Faith:

Hi Ahmed ,

I got the following response from Qurandatabase website.

"There is many documents available for every unicode language. There a Arabic one. You can download that. Than you should find it on that pdf file character codes. Then you should replace each of them. To replace what? Nothing just like that Replace(chrW(1804),?????????????????????¢???????????????????????????????????????????¢??????????????????????) That statement is for VB.NET."
Post Posted:
Thu 05 Feb, 2009 8:54 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

QuranandScience wrote:
Hi Ahmed ,

I got the following response from Qurandatabase website.

"There is many documents available for every unicode language. There a Arabic one. You can download that. Than you should find it on that pdf file character codes. Then you should replace each of them. To replace what? Nothing just like that Replace(chrW(1804),?????????????????????¢???????????????????????????????????????????¢??????????????????????) That statement is for VB.NET."

No mate. no help with that

I went mad at my daughter yesterday as she only did 60 verses in 3 days, so I told her to forget about it as I managed to do over 1200 verses in 90 minutes, I also asked brother Life to help me out and he is doing it with me, my thanks to him

Cheers

Thu 05 Feb, 2009 9:32 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Salam Q&S

I checked your file, unfortinatly it is missing over 8000 words, for example check those IDs, 1731 and 1732, there should be three words missing in between, so I cannot use it

I am not worried about getting the individual words without diacritical marks, as I have already written a program to parse the words individually, what I need is the Arabic verses complete without diacriical marks, after searching the web for three days, I believe it is not avaible anywhere, but to copy it verse by verse from Open Burhan, I believe that Access Quran will be the first software to allow Quran students to extract all verses without dicritical marks

Cheers

Thu 05 Feb, 2009 11:18 am