You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Time illusion
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Time illusion

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Faith: Islam

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Time illusion Reply with quote  

Salam,

While we grow older why does it seem, that time is moving faster ?

Why is it, when we wakeup, we dont remember the time ? Sometimes we dont even know if its morning or evening!. Is that the clock which we follow, inactual has no meaning Confused
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Jun, 2007 11:42 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam bro

I had a lot of problem man with this, it sort of started at the age of 30 and I can see now at the age of 42 that it is speeding fast.

The only logical illusion that I can think of foes like this:

1) Let's assume that we have a human with a life span of 100 years

2) At the age of 10, only 10% passed, yet 90% left, i.e. 9 times as much as the years been lived alread, that sounds a lot man

3) at the age of 20, only 20% passed, yet 80% left, i.e. 4 times as much as the years been lived already, that still sounds a lot but as you can see how it dropped quick in just 10 years,

4) at the age of 50, 50% passed, and only 50% left, i.e. as much as we lived as much as yet to live, sort of gettin quicker now, because at your mid life you feel that what is left is like what have been lived, and as you know what passed (regardless how long it took) still feels like a second, that is because it passed

5) When we pass mid life, it is just going down very quick, for example, at the age of 80, 80% have passed, and only 20% left, this means only 1/4 of the years already lived is left to live.

this is where I believe the time illusion that as we grow we feel the time is running faster, is coming from

Regaring not remembering the time when we wake up, well this is a tough subject but I can only related to the info in the Quran which when we sleep, the souls comes from our bodies, so possibly the bodies with no souls don't feel the time, nor the sould with no bodies, well this is nothing but conjecture

Salam bro

Tue 12 Jun, 2007 2:06 pm
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam brother,

Quote:
The only logical illusion that I can think of foes like this:

1) Let's assume that we have a human with a life span of 100 years

2) At the age of 10, only 10% passed, yet 90% left, i.e. 9 times as much as the years been lived alread, that sounds a lot man

3) at the age of 20, only 20% passed, yet 80% left, i.e. 4 times as much as the years been lived already, that still sounds a lot but as you can see how it dropped quick in just 10 years,

4) at the age of 50, 50% passed, and only 50% left, i.e. as much as we lived as much as yet to live, sort of gettin quicker now, because at your mid life you feel that what is left is like what have been lived, and as you know what passed (regardless how long it took) still feels like a second, that is because it passed

5) When we pass mid life, it is just going down very quick, for example, at the age of 80, 80% have passed, and only 20% left, this means only 1/4 of the years already lived is left to live.

this is where I believe the time illusion that as we grow we feel the time is running faster, is coming from

Interesting but brother here we feel time moving faster, but we never feel that we are running out of time.

Quote:
Regaring not remembering the time when we wake up, well this is a tough subject but I can only related to the info in the Quran which when we sleep, the souls comes from our bodies, so possibly the bodies with no souls don't feel the time, nor the sould with no bodies, well this is nothing but conjecture.

I can accept this simply, if wakeing up is uniformed. But its not, sometime we sleep for 15mins and then we wakeup thinking oh! looks like we have slept for hours. And sleep by itself is very fasinating, for someone while sleeping just a click wakes them, and for some sleeping not even tv/music wakes them (this happens specially to childern) and we say hes a deep sleeper. Also sometimes we get up 10s of time during night to complain in morning, we didnt slept well. Is it the sleep coming n going, if so why so differently and or why does the soul plays in-out, in-out.
Post Posted:
Tue 12 Jun, 2007 9:16 pm