You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Meditation!
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Meditation!

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Bring it on   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
Life
Pawn
Pawn

Faith: Islam

Zodiac: Capricorn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Meditation! Reply with quote  

Salam folks,

Many places in quran we are told to meditate. No one talks about this and how many of us know or do meditate. A general idea about meditation is yoga, lightning candles n hard exercises. Any input ???
Post Posted:
Tue 26 Jun, 2007 8:20 am
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Re: Meditation! Reply with quote  

Life wrote:
Salam folks,

Many places in quran we are told to meditate. No one talks about this and how many of us know or do meditate. A general idea about meditation is yoga, lightning candles n hard exercises. Any input ???

Salam mate

can you please tell me what is the arabic word for meditate or point me to a verse where it should be there

Cheers

Wed 27 Jun, 2007 12:25 am
Life
Pawn
Pawn

botswana.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Salam brother,

can you please tell me what is the arabic word for meditate or point me to a verse where it should be there.

You knew it Smile
Damn for how long I lived with this corruption. But many thanks to you brother.

Okey folks heres what happend. I read an article on firon minds about one year ago, quoted with quranic verses. I have an habit to reconfirm translations whenever I read any, but somehow I missed this one. And unknowingly I accepted the false concept.

free minds -
Meditate during the night, except rarely. Half of it, or a little less. Or a little more. And arrange (Ratil) the Quran in its arrangement (Tarteel).????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? (73:2-4)

free minds -
During the night, you shall meditate for extra credit, that your Lord may raise you to an honorable rank. And say, "My Lord, admit me an honorable admittance, and let me depart an honorable departure, and grant me from You a powerful support." 17:79-80

While questioning meditation bro AB asked me to quote. As habit I looked for other translations before quoting above verses. Now folks look, the word meditation doesnt even exist, see below translations by Yousf Ali & M.pickthall.

73:2
Yusuf Ali Stand (to prayer) by night, but not all night,-
Pickthal Keep vigil the night long, save a little -
73:3
Yusuf Ali Half of it,- or a little less,
Pickthal A half thereof, or abate a little thereof
73:4
Yusuf Ali Or a little more; and recite the Qur'an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.
Pickthal Or add (a little) thereto - and chant the Qur'an in measure,

17:79
Yusuf Ali And pray in the small watches of the morning: (it would be) an additional prayer (or spiritual profit) for thee: soon will thy Lord raise thee to a Station of Praise and Glory!
Pickthal And some part of the night awake for it, a largess for thee. It may be that thy Lord will raise thee to a praised estate.
17:80
Yusuf Ali Say: "O my Lord! Let my entry be by the Gate of Truth and Honour, and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honour; and grant me from Thy Presence an authority to aid (me)."
Pickthal And say: My Lord! Cause me to come in with a firm incoming and to go out with a firm outgoing. And give me from Thy presence a sustaining Power.

Over to you brother!
Post Posted:
Wed 27 Jun, 2007 9:35 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Life wrote:
Salam brother,
You knew it Smile
Damn for how long I lived with this corruption. But many thanks to you brother.

Salam brother

I did not know it mate but I had a feeling that something is not right Very Happy

Life wrote:
Okey folks heres what happend. I read an article on firon minds about one year ago, quoted with quranic verses. I have an habit to reconfirm translations whenever I read any, but somehow I missed this one. And unknowingly I accepted the false concept.

Quote:
free minds -
Meditate during the night, except rarely. Half of it, or a little less. Or a little more. And arrange (Ratil) the Quran in its arrangement (Tarteel).????????????????????????????¢?????????????????????¢??????????????????????¬???????????????????????????? (73:2-4)

Quote:
free minds -
During the night, you shall meditate for extra credit, that your Lord may raise you to an honorable rank. And say, "My Lord, admit me an honorable admittance, and let me depart an honorable departure, and grant me from You a powerful support." 17:79-80

Life wrote:
While questioning meditation bro AB asked me to quote. As habit I looked for other translations before quoting above verses. Now folks look, the word meditation doesnt even exist, see below translations by Yousf Ali & M.pickthall.

Quote:
73:2
Yusuf Ali Stand (to prayer) by night, but not all night,-
Pickthal Keep vigil the night long, save a little -
73:3
Yusuf Ali Half of it,- or a little less,
Pickthal A half thereof, or abate a little thereof
73:4
Yusuf Ali Or a little more; and recite the Qur'an in slow, measured rhythmic tones.
Pickthal Or add (a little) thereto - and chant the Qur'an in measure,

Let me reply to the above bit and will continue later on inshaallah

Here is the first 7 verses in Arabic from sura 73:

يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُزَّمِّلُ (1)

قُمِ اللَّيْلَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا (2)

نِصْفَهُ أَوِ انقُصْ مِنْهُ قَلِيلًا (3)

أَوْ زِدْ عَلَيْهِ وَرَتِّلِ الْقُرْآنَ تَرْتِيلًا (4)

إِنَّا سَنُلْقِي عَلَيْكَ قَوْلًا ثَقِيلًا (5)

إِنَّ نَاشِئَةَ اللَّيْلِ هِيَ أَشَدُّ وَطْءًا وَأَقْوَمُ قِيلًا (6)

إِنَّ لَكَ فِي اَلنَّهَارِ سَبْحًا طَوِيلًا (7)

[Al Quran ; 73:1-7]

I won't bring any translation by others, I will try to walk you through it and explain them as I read it verse by verse:

1) Ya Ayuha Al Muzzammil : O who is rapped in cloth, this indicates someone who is rapped in cloth ready to start praying, you know Muslims wear like a long coats above the jilbabs and you will always see them rapping themselves with it when they stand up for praying

2) Qum Al Laila Ila Qalila : Stand up for prayer in the night except a small portion of it, while the word Al Salat was not mentioned after the word Qum, it still means stand up for praying but at night time, because the words Aqim Al Salat are used numerous times in the Quran to indicate Standing up for prayers, and of course standing up most of the night makes no sense unless it is for praying, meditating however does not need standing up, you can even do it while sleeping on your side as the Quran told us, meditating is nothing but remembering Allah and indeed remembering Allah is greater than praying and happens all the time not just at night, praying is only one part of remembering Allah., therefore 73:2 MUST MEAN STAND UP FOR PRAYING in the night, and not meditate as the free minders translated it.

3) Nisfahu Aw Anqis Minhu Qalila : Half of it (the night) or all of it less a small portion, clearly this verse is talking about the night after we are adviced to stand up for prayer in the night, the verse is telling us how long we should do it, half of it or all of it less a small portion of it, i.e. roughly, half of it or more than than half of the night, obvioulsy this is very hard and only a lil number of true believers who achieved that, I'm not one of them but I ask Allah to help me to be one of them, it is really tough to do mate, I have done it before and enjoyed it but somehow was circumstantial that hardly happens now.

4) Aw Zid Alaihi Wa Rattil Al Quran Tarttila : Or increase on it (the night) and recite the Quran as it should be recited, this indicates that after doing the prayer for half of the night of more than half of th night, then we may read the Quran for some time after that

5) Ina Sanulqi Alika Qawlan Thaqila : We should send down to you a heavy sayings: obvioulsy it means all the laws that should be abided by inside the Quran

6) In Nashiaa Al Lail Hia Ashada Wattian Wa Aqqam Qila : this is a tough verse to translate so I will use one that I see the best, it is simply stating the advantage of praying most of the night : "Surely the rising by night is the firmest way to tread and the best corrective of speech. by Shakir

7) In Laka Fi Al Nihar Sabhan Tawila : To you in the day time a lot of SABHAN , I deliberately didn't translate the word SABHAN because I found most tranlstions are flawed, they claim that the verse means in the day time we have plenty of time for normal day to day life, however the verse never said that, it only said that during the day time we have plenty of time to do SABHAN, this is because Tasbih of Alllah does not really need any physical activity rather saying it, and you can do it all the time while going through your day time job or any oher activity at any other time, indeed this verse confirms my understanding that meditating Allah (remembering Allah) covers a lot of things, part of it is praying 5 times a day, another part is praying most of the night, another part is doing tasbih during day time ot any other time, etc etc, even doing good deeds to others can be considered remeberence of Allah if while we do it we know well that we do it to please Allah

The free minder translation is 100% flawed mate

I will continue later on inshaallah

Salam

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Thu 28 Jun, 2007 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Posted:
Wed 27 Jun, 2007 10:25 pm
Life
Pawn
Pawn

botswana.gif

Salam brother,

What would I do without you, you are an angle. May you live long, healthy, happy life and Allah keep increasing you in knowledge and wisdom.

I started praying last winter me and my son, both enjoyed doing for a month or so, then suddenly stoped. Hopefully I will start today. Damn how easily I forgot importantacne of praying. Thank you BB!
Post Posted:
Thu 28 Jun, 2007 8:45 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Life wrote:
Salam brother,

What would I do without you, you are an angle. May you live long, healthy, happy life and Allah keep increasing you in knowledge and wisdom.

Salam dear brother

look man, you are a huge inspiration to me, your nice words make me always wonder, do I really deserve it, somehow I think I don't however I try to take the positive side of it and say to myself someone who must be fully humbled with all and most importantly Allah should be described as such, and I feel I'm too far still, but surely your words force me to learn how to be more humble with others and most importantly Allah, thank you very much brother, may Allah blesses you and your family.

Life wrote:
I started praying last winter me and my son, both enjoyed doing for a month or so, then suddenly stoped. Hopefully I will start today. Damn how easily I forgot importantacne of praying. Thank you BB!

Only one thing to say, it is what the Quran said regarding Salat:

It is indeed tough excpet for those who are humble

the above if for all of us bro, if we can truly understand it and believe in it then we should have no problem with the Salat that is if we are true believes as we claim, otherwise we are rendered hypoctites, this alone scares the shit out of me man.

Take care

Thu 28 Jun, 2007 3:08 pm